Inspire, Succeed, Achieve
Balaam Wood School End of Year Activities
Monday 18th December
- Loudmouth Theatre Performance Year 8 P1/P2 Sports Hall
- Celebration Assemblies (pupils only) Pupils will receive certificates for Achievement, Attendance and Excellence
Wednesday 20th December
- Well Being Wednesday presentation P4 12.15pm -1.15pm – Parents of children performing are welcome by invite only.
- 20 Day challenge Rewards disco 2.00-4.00pm Pupils will be notified if they have successfully earned a ticket to the disco
Friday 22nd December
- No school uniform day £1 donation
- Pupils will be dismissed at 12.30pm
Tuesday 19th December
- Christmas Jumper day, pupils are invited to wear their Christmas Jumper or Christmas themed jumper, (red, green, tinsel). Jumpers must be worn with school uniform this is not a non school uniform day. Donation of £1
- There will also be a Christmas Lunch on this day, children entitled to free school meals will receive this any other child can pay £2.40 on the day
Thursday 21st December
- Christmas Bake Sale, please bring in cakes, biscuits, mincepies, showstoppers. The theme is Christmas. All money raised will be donated to Birmingham Children’s Hospital Charity
- Year 10 Loudmouth Theatre Performance P1 and P2
Welcome to Balaam Wood School
We hope that this website will give you an insight into our school – the way we work and what we offer, but we also hope it reveals something of the vision which drives us to continually improve as a school. At Balaam Wood School we have a very clear aim where we want every pupil to leave us prepared for life and work in the 21st century.
“INSPIRE, SUCCEED, ACHIEVE”
We have high aspirations for, and high expectations of every single one of our pupils. We strive for success for all. We challenge and support every pupil to achieve the best results they possibly can and also to gain the skills they need to become the best possible citizens they can be.
We are committed to providing a safe, caring, happy, challenging and structured learning community where each pupil is nurtured and feels valued and is motivated to reach their full potential. Every member of our school has a key role to play in creating a highly motivated learning community, enjoying the challenge of raising standards and promoting pride in academic achievement.
We want all of our pupils to develop a ‘can do’ attitude, be confident, adaptable, resilient and independent and develop all important employability skills. Each pupil should be able to reach their learning potential in a healthy, safe environment through an enjoyable, stimulating and challenging curriculum.
Our talented and dedicated team of teachers and support staff work in close partnership with parents / carers, governors and the wider community to offer the best educational opportunities for all pupils. High quality teaching is a key priority at Balaam Wood School and the relationship between staff and pupils underpins inspirational, supportive and effective teaching and learning.
Excellent school, both of my children have done and are doing brilliantly.Ms A Dowling
Very proud of my child and what she has achieved.Miss C Povey
Thank you, ‘my daughters education’ here is positive and she has a bright future ahead, thank you to this school.Mrs A Orgill